Tuesday, February 3, 2015

"my thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations." - John Green

I have found myself at a loss for words lately.
life has been peaceful (for the most part) so I have been enjoying it much more.

I never expected getting engaged to be stressful.  I imagined he would ask me and we would continue our lives...with a shiny sparkly ring.

what I didn't know is approximately five minutes after people find out you're engaged, they start asking the questions:

have you set a date? no.
have you found a dress? yes, but can I afford it? is the question that should be asked...
how did he ask you? he came in the bedroom, pulled out a ring and asked.  the details are fuzzy, but the question is the only part that really matters.
have you found a venue? this requires setting a date.
who are you going to invite? honestly, I haven't really thought about it.
what do the girls think about it? they're cool with it.  they kinda like me.


I am more concerned about finding the right home for our family. where we live was never supposed to be a long term option.  life gets in the way though. and we love (and at times, hate) being around family.

I want to write more. I want to paint more. I want to do more fun things with the kids.  I want to remember more details.  I think Facebook has ruined me.  I post a little blurb about life and the next thing you know it is a year later and it comes up on timehop and I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about.

I want this blog to hold me accountable.

I want this to be a carefully curated tour of my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment